GWO Blade Repair Training
This package is for rope access technicians considering pivoting to a new career as a blade repair technician and is specially designed to allow rope access technicians to gain essential skills required for this new direction. We recommend this to those who want to refresh their overall offshore blade repair and safety knowledge.
This package includes the GWO Blade Repair, GWO Full Suite and Refresher BST Modules.
The training Centre is located in Newhaven, South East England and can be easily accessed via train.
Course instruction will cover:
The key topics addressed in this course include:
1. GWO Blade Repair training:
Course delegates will have a foundation of skills to complete repairs to damage on the blade surface, trailing edge, leading edge, sandwich panel and bond line. The GWO blade repair training course is intended as an entry level course and therefore the delegate will not be expected to perform repairs in major structural elements of blades like spars, spar caps and carbon fibre.
The key topics addressed in this course include Composites and Blade Construction, Health and Safety, Materials, tools and equipment, Basic Lamination, Blade inspection, Lighting Protection system, Grinding and sanding skills, Laminate repairs and filling, Core material replacement up to 200cm², surface repair to paint and gelcoat.
2. GWO Basic Safety Training
All 5 Modules: Working at Heights, Sea Survival & Vessel Transfer, First Aid, Manual Handling and Fire Awareness.
3. GWO Advanced Rescue Training – The Advanced Rescue Training (ART) course is the GWO standard training on emergency rescue missions in WTG environment. ART authenticates acquiring the knowledge and skills required to rescue an injured person in each section of a WTG. You must have a valid certificate of the following Basic Safety Training modules to enrol in any of the ART courses.
4. GWO Enhanced First Aid – The GWO Enhanced First Aid training teaches delegates how to support and care for others working in the industry. You will gain the knowledge, skills and attitude of Enhanced First Aid and upon completion of the GWO EFA training, delegates will be able to administer safe, effective and immediate lifesaving and enhanced first aid measures to save life and give assistance in remote areas using advanced emergency equipment and medical teleconsultation.
5. ActSafe ascenders training – Training using the ActSafe Ascender end-user, and will cover safe work practices for battery and petrol-powered ascender systems, and also demonstrate the latest rope access methods for wind turbine inspection.
At the end of this course, you will be able to work safely with composite materials while conducting inspection and basic blade repair procedures. You will also be able to support an overall improvement of the safety of personnel working on composite repair work and blade inspection in the wind industry.
Secondly, you will also learn Basic safety and how to administer effective First Aid, perform Manual handling tasks safely and get Basic knowledge on fire awareness in the wind turbine Industry.
Thirdly, you will also learn the theoretical and practical Training for working at heights using the portable power ascenders tool, which is a state-of-the-art equipment for rope access maintenance, inspection, rescue and lifting procedures. Furthermore, you will develop Sea Survival skills needed to act safely and take the correct preventive actions in all aspects of offshore operations.
Finally, with the GWO Enhanced First Aid, you will have the knowledge and skills needed to administer safe, effective, and immediate lifesaving and enhanced first aid measures in remote areas in order to save lives and provide assistance.